Many people find it almost impossible to get themselves up and running in the morning without a cup of coffee. But, instant coffee simply doesn’t cut it in some cases, particularly at the beginning of the week!
On those days when you really need to pull yourself out of bed and focus your mind on the task at hand, a cafetière filled with freshly brewed coffee is the saving grace you’ve been looking for.
But, with so many different cafetières to choose from, it can be quite difficult to know which is the best. That’s why we’ve done the hard work for you!
Below, you’ll find a list of the best cafetières available on the market. You’ll also find a super useful buyer’s guide that’s packed with information on what to look out for when you’re making your decision.
So, sit back, relax, and start dreaming of that perfect cup of coffee. By the time you’ve finished reading this, you’ll know which is the best cafetiere to help you make it!
Let’s start by taking a look at our top pick. The Mueller French Press Coffee Maker is made from professional-grade, double-layered stainless steel.
This doesn’t only give it a super-stylish appearance, but it will keep up to 34oz of coffee hot for 60 minutes longer than the average cafetière! It’s incredibly durable too and is both drop-proof and rust-proof.
It also features a unique 4-layer filtration system that stops any grounds or sediment from getting into your coffee. This means that every single cup you pour will have nothing but smooth, delicious coffee in it.
The cool-touch handle means that, despite being able to keep your coffee hot for so long, there’s no risk of burning yourself while you pour. And, when you’ve drained every drop of java from the cafetière, you can simply put it straight in the dishwasher for easy cleaning.
You get a little extra value for money when you purchase this cafetière as well. It comes with a 2-year warranty and a 100% satisfaction guarantee. And, as a bonus, you also receive a small stainless steel coffee canister that matches it perfectly.
- Double-layered stainless steel – keeps your coffee hot for 60 minutes longer than the average cafetiere
- Highly durable – the stainless steel construction also means it’s tough, drop-proof, and rust-proof
- 4-layer filtration system – stops any grounds of sediment making their way into your cup of coffee
- Cool-touch handle – no risk of burning yourself when pouring a cup of coffee
- Extras included – comes complete with a 2-year warranty, 100% satisfaction guarantee, and a stainless steel coffee canister
- No measurement markings – while this cafetière can hold up to 34oz of coffee, there aren’t any measurement markings that indicate where to pour the water to
If you prefer to be able to see your coffee when it’s brewing or, more importantly, how much you’ve got left, the Veken French Press Coffee Maker is an excellent choice.
It has an 800ml capacity and features measurement markings on the outside. This means that you’ll be able to clearly see how much you’re making and minimize wastage.
Strong and durable, each part of this cafetière is made from BPA-free materials, so there’s no need to worry about any nasty chemicals leaching into your coffee while it brews. The thick borosilicate glass is also ideal for keeping your coffee hot without cracking or breaking.
This cafetière also features a 4-stage filtration system that ensures no sediment or coffee grounds make it into your cup. Meanwhile, the ergonomic handle ensures that you have an excellent grip and that you’re able to pour comfortably.
Cleaning up when you’re finished is easy too and it can be placed straight in the dishwasher. You’ll also receive several accessories with this cafetière including a wooden stirring spoon, measuring spoon, milk frother, and sponge cleaning brush.
- Measurement markings – allows you to see how much coffee you’ve made and how much you’ve got left
- BPA-free – all materials used to make this cafetière are BPA-free, so there’s no risk of chemical contamination
- 4-stage filtration system – stops coffee grounds and sediments from getting into your cup
- Easy to clean – can be placed straight in the dishwasher when you’re done
- Includes accessories – comes complete with a wooden stirring spoon, measuring spoon, milk frother, and sponge cleaning brush
- No seal around the lid – this means that you’ll have to hold the lid down every time you pour a cup of coffee, otherwise, it may slide out of place
- ☕Be the Leader of Your Own Coffee - The glass beaker allows you to monitor the whole procedure of making your coffee. Watching the hot water and coffee grounds separate as you press the stainless-steel filter arm. The aroma of the coffee fills your being, and your troubles have altogether disappeared.
Looking for a fantastic cafetière on a budget? The Bodum Brazil French Press Coffee Maker could be exactly what you need. It’s the least expensive option on our list of the best cafetières , but this doesn’t mean that it lacks anything in terms of quality or performance.
To begin with, the base and the handle are made from BPA-free polypropylene. This means that there’s no risk of any chemicals making their way into your coffee as they warm up.
It also features a heat-resistant, borosilicate glass carafe that allows you to see how much coffee you’ve made and how much you’ve got left.
Its filtration system and plunger aren’t quite as sophisticated as some of the other cafetières on our list, but it still does a very good job of stopping sediment from getting into your coffee.
The plunger is also made from stainless steel, so you’ll be able to press down on it firmly without any fear of it bending out of shape.
The 34-ounce capacity is enough to make 6-8 cups of coffee (depending on the size of your cups!) and, when you’re done, you can put it straight in the dishwasher for easy cleaning.
To top it all off, and to give you a little extra value for money, this cafetière comes complete with a 1-year warranty.
- Inexpensive – perfect for anybody looking to buy a great cafetière on a limited budget
- BPA-free handle and base – no risk of chemicals leaching into your coffee as it brews
- Heat-resistant borosilicate glass – keeps your coffee hot without any risk of cracking
- Stainless steel plunger – allows you to press down firmly without bending it out of shape
- Dishwasher safe – makes cleaning up when you’ve finished a breeze
- Basic filtration system – however, it still does a great job of keeping sediment and grounds out of your coffee
- Capacity: 3 cup, 0.35 L, 12 oz
Available in three different sizes (1L, 1.5L, and 1.75L) the SterlingPro French Press Coffee Maker is ideal for anybody that drinks a lot of coffee in the morning!
It’s also made from double-walled stainless steel, so your coffee will be kept hotter for longer, even if it takes you all morning to get through it all.
One of the most impressive things about this cafetière is the unique two-screen system located on the bottom of the plunger.
The first screen is designed to brush the inside walls of the cafetière evenly and tightly, while the second screen catches even the smallest grounds that might have passed through the first. This results in completely smooth, sediment-free coffee.
The large, ergonomic handle offers you a safe, secure, and cool grip on the cafetière while you decant your coffee. It’s also dishwasher safe for an easy clean up and it’s totally rust-proof, so there’s no need to worry about it getting damaged too easily.
If there’s one downside to this cafetière it’s that you’re unable to see how much coffee you’ve got left without removing the lid. This isn’t the biggest issue but it can result in a little disappointment if you think you’ve got more than you have!
- Available in three sizes – choose between 1L, 1.5L, and 1.75L capacities
- Features a unique two-screen filtration system – the first screen sweeps the interior of the cafetière while the second screen catches the tiniest grounds
- Large, ergonomic handle – provides a secure, comfortable, and cool grip
- Super durable – the stainless steel construction makes it sturdy, drop-proof, and rust-proof
- Easy to clean – can be placed straight in the dishwasher for ultimate convenience
- Difficult to see how much coffee you have left – since this cafetière is made from stainless steel instead of glass, you’ll need to remove the lid to see how much coffee you have remaining
- INNOVATIVE DESIGN: Getting coffee grounds in your mouth while drinking coffee is something no one wants. The unique two screens system is the first of its kind on the coffee press market. The first screen brushes the wall evenly and tightly; the second screen catches any tiny grounds that may have passed through the first screen. This leaves your coffee 100% free of grounds!
The POLIVIAR French Press Coffee Maker is one of the most unique-looking cafetières we’ve come across. The dark, stone-effect exterior and teak wood handles give it a really aesthetically pleasing appearance and it would look incredible in any kitchen or coffee shop.
Of course, it’s not all about looks though and this cafetière also performs exceptionally well. It has a dual-screen filter that traps even the smallest coffee grounds and stops them from getting into your cup.
The teak wood handle is heat-resistant as well, so there’s no need to worry about accidentally burning yourself as you pour.
Made from super durable food-grade stainless steel, this cafetière features double-wall insulation that is designed to keep your coffee hotter for longer. It also has a 34oz capacity, so it’s ideal for large households and solo coffee enthusiasts alike.
One thing that sets this cafetière apart from other stainless steel alternatives is that it features measurement markings on the inside.
This means that it’s easier to make the right amount of coffee for your needs and minimize waste in the process. Complete with a 12-month warranty, this is a cafetière that offers both excellent brewing performance and style.
- Stylish design – the stone-effect exterior and teak wood handles give this cafetière a unique and highly stylish appearance
- Dual-screen filtration system – traps small coffee grounds and ensures you have a smooth, ground-free cup of coffee with every pour
- Heat-resistant handle – no risk of accidentally burning yourself as you pour a cup of coffee
- Stainless steel construction – super durable and features markings on the inside for precise measurements
- 12-month warranty – acts as a testament to both its quality and performance
- Not dishwasher safe – although it is made from stainless steel, the teak wood handles mean that you aren’t able to clean this cafetiere in the dishwasher
- LOOKING FOR COFFEE PRESS FOR MATCHING UP YOUR KITCHEN We, the POLIVIAR french press coffee maker will be your smart choice. While the coffee pot is made from food grade stainless steel with stylish long-lasting coating, It is easy to match up your kitchenwares and your kitchen's theme. Also, the ergonomic handle with German teak wood will maximize the fantastic time of grounds you loved.
You might think that choosing a cafetière for your home or office is a fairly straightforward task. But, if you want the best cafetière possible, there are some important things that you need to look out for.
Below, we’ve put together a list of key points to consider when you start hunting for that perfect cafetière . Taking the time to do this will save you time and money, and, ultimately, will help you find the best cafetière for your needs.
Glass VS. Stainless Steel
The first thing you need to think about is whether or not you’d prefer a glass cafetière or a stainless steel cafetière . Each comes with its own pros and cons, so let’s look a little closer at each.
Glass cafetières are the most popular choice, and this is mainly because you’re able to see the coffee. This is really helpful when you’re making it and when you want to know how much you’ve got left.
Some people believe that glass cafetières aren’t as good at retaining heat as their stainless steel counterparts but this really depends on the material used to make it. A cafetière that has been made using borosilicate glass will retain heat just as well as a stainless steel cafetière.
The downside to glass is that it’s much easier to break. While it is unlikely to crack or shatter under the heat of the coffee, if you were to accidentally drop it on the ground there’s quite a high risk of it breaking.
Stainless steel, on the other hand, is much tougher in this respect. If you drop a stainless steel cafetière or accidentally knock it against something, it won’t suffer any damage at all.
Stainless steel is also good at retaining heat and most stainless steel cafetières feature a double-walled design that can keep coffee hot for up to an hour longer than most glass alternatives.
The downside to stainless steel cafetières, however, is that you’re not able to see how much coffee you have remaining without removing the lid. And, when you do this, you risk losing some of the heat.
The choice you make really will come down to personal preference and there isn’t a wrong or right answer over which is better. It all really depends on what you would like from your cafetiere.
The next thing you need to think about is the capacity. How much coffee would you like your cafetière to be able to hold at one time?
If you’re a single person who enjoys a couple of cups of coffee in the morning, then a cafetière with a smaller capacity would be the best choice.
However, if you’re a large family or coffee drinker or you need more than a couple of cups to get yourself going in the morning, it would be best to go for a cafetière with a larger capacity.
The filtration system is one of the most important things to look at when choosing a cafetière. This will determine how many coffee grounds stay trapped at the bottom, and how many end up in your cup!
Some cafetières feature incredible 4-stage filtration systems and dual screens that trap even the smallest particles. These are definitely the best type to go for, but they do cost a little more money.
If you’re trying to stick to a budget, you won’t find anything as sophisticated but there are still some cheaper cafetières that do an excellent job of keeping the grounds out of your coffee. The Bodum Brazil French Press Coffee Maker is a good example of this.
Finally, you need to think about how easy your cafetière is going to be to clean. If you can get one that you can throw straight in the dishwasher when you’re done, you’ll be saving yourself a lot of time.
One thing to be aware of here is that any cafetière that features wooden parts (such as the handle) will not be dishwasher safe. So, even though it might look aesthetically appealing, it’s worth considering whether the look of it outweighs having to clean it by hand once you’ve finished with it.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between a French press and a cafetière?
There is absolutely no difference between a French press and a cafetière. “Cafetière ” is simply the French word for it. They both do exactly the same thing and work in the same way.
How do you stop coffee grounds from getting into your coffee?
The best way to stop coffee grounds from getting into your coffee is to use a cafetière that features a specially designed filtration system. This can either be a 4-stage system or a dual-screen system.
These work by sweeping the interior walls of the cafetière to push down the majority of the coffee grounds, and a second screen follows behind to trap any smaller grounds that may have made their way through the first filter.
Last update on 2022-05-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API