We all appreciate a good cup of coffee in our day to either wake us up or keep going during the day.
The rich, smooth taste and uplifting properties are some reasons why so many people are obsessed with coffee and investing in the barista-style experience and attempting to recreate it at home.
Thanks to modern technology, there are more options for your caffeine fix than ever before. From cappuccinos, lattes, and even frothy milk, to cold options. There are so many possible combinations of flavors and aromas to choose from.
That is why we’ve curated a guide to some of the best Nespresso machines for coffee lovers and even those on the go wanting a fast option.
Firstly, one of the widely known benefits of Nespresso is that its pods are recyclable. This is a huge advantage of the brand because customers are able to save their used pods and send them to recycling centers in the mail.
More and more people are becoming aware of how human activity and habits affect the environment, so it’s a great option to ensure customers a sustainable and renewable service. This also plays a role in greatly reducing Nespresso’s total environmental impact.
However, one drawback of this process is that customers need to be registered members of the Nespresso club in order to access this service. Although this seems like an added stress, membership is free and the status is largely determined by the number of capsules used or purchased.
All modern Nespresso coffee machines are pod-based and use 19-bar pressure to enable the best quality beverage possible.
It’s very easy to get it wrong with brewing coffee, such as using too little or too much pressure. The end product can be extremely bitter as well if too high of heat is used in the brewing process.
Originating in Arabia, coffee has humble beginnings, but it was fast to spread in popularity across the world as more people caught on to its properties and bold taste. That’s why so many people have invested in their routine by purchasing a coffee machine.
Whether you enjoy a more subtle flavor or a rich, earthy tone, Nespresso offers a custom experience and encourage customers to try new flavor combinations. That is another reason why there are so many Nespresso designs to choose from, to allow you to fuel your style, and in order to appeal to the masses.
In terms of the “best” Nespresso machine, it can be hard to specifically define. That is why we have curated a list with some of the highest customer rating products that each have their own pros and cons.
One of the great things about the world we live in is that there is an abundance of choice, however, that can sometimes be a challenge of its own. Having too much choice can be overwhelming, and all the options begin to seem identical if you think about them for too long.
To encourage you to think about what type of coffee machine you would like to invest in, we’ve highlighted some different options. Some are more compact, while others offer more range of drink options.
The aim of this guide is to provide a user-friendly experience that enables you to make the most informed choice possible.
Another great thing about all the Nespresso machines listed below is that they include a complementary set of starter pods.
Not only does this make customers feel looked after and encourage them to be more brand-loyal to Nespresso products, but it also allows a completely customizable experience because customers can decide which flavors are their favorites and even try to combine different flavors using syrups or different kinds of milk.
Whichever type of machine you decide on, these are some great options for a quality coffee experience that you can take with you or enjoy from the comfort of your own home.
Whether you’re looking for a machine with greater water capacity or a simple, compact style, this guide is for anyone wanting to find the best option for them and compare the pros and cons of each product.
Starting off strong is a great option for hot or cold coffee, with an automatic energy-saving shutoff after approximately nine minutes of inactivity. An optional milk frother is silent and creates no vibration, so you can easily get your caffeine fix while everyone else at home is asleep.
The Vertuo Plus Deluxe offers four cup size options and a sixty-ounce water tank that you won’t need to refill often. It is worth noting that the milk frother adds to the price of the initial purchase.
- Contains storage for 17 capsules
- 60-ounce water tank
- 4 drink size options
- Heat time 15-20 seconds
- Energy-saving shutoff after nine minutes of inactivity
- Adjustable position of the water tank to allow you to find the optimum position within your kitchen area
- Doesn’t last long- reviews highlight that parts regularly need replacing, in spite of being reliable and of good quality
A unique design that has been developed to integrate retro styles with modern technology is the Citiz option. The sleek design offers two types of coffee and is another compact yet stylish option that would look perfect in any kitchen and be a great addition to any aesthetic.
- Very easy to use
- 25 second preheat time after switching on
- Automatically power off after nine minutes
- Available in different colors
- 34-ounce water tanks- the Citiz is small and simple, which is part of its marketing, to keep coffee simple and provide a quality experience without the hassle. A smaller water tank offers fresh water for better-tasting drinks
Next, is an option available in matte black finish with several purchase options: frother included, additional coffee pods, both, or just the machine with no additions.
Made with the future in mind, the Next version of the Nespresso Vertuo machines is aimed at being more sustainable and technologically friendly.
- Made of 54% recycled materials
- 30-second heat time
- Bluetooth connectivity- you can brew coffee from your phone!
- not great quality- customers have reported that their model broke after very little use, so it is definitely worth finding an option with a quality guarantee
- Bluetooth has been argued as somewhat unnecessary
- Automatic capsule ejection, Ajustable cup holder.
This is a perfect option for those who enjoy trying new flavors and experimenting with new combinations. If you are still relatively new to the coffee game, the Lattissimo machine offers a great all-round experience that allows you to play around with your coffee and find what you enjoy the most.
- A great option for beginners, or those who don’t know their preferred coffee order yet
- 9 drink options
- Coffee shop experience at home
- Water hardness setting
- Heat time- milk 40 seconds, coffee 25 seconds
- Not consistent – reviews highlight how the nine descriptions and labels aren’t always true to the drink created. This machine has a great concept and with some quality assurance would make a perfect gift
This option comes with a compact design that is great for those who know what they want and that is a good, reliable coffee. The Pixie machine is an affordable addition to anyone’s kitchen that offers an aluminum finish and has everything you will need for a great coffee.
- 25 seconds heat time
- Customers have rated this product the best value Nespresso machine- it is one of the cheapest options
- Good for refillable stainless-steel pods if you’re concerned about pod usage or excess waste
- Water leaks have been common among review- check the quality before using
- Nespresso Pixie by De'Longhi has a 19 bar high-pressure pump that allows for a barista-style result, unlocking the delicate flavour of each coffee capsule; Designed for use with Nespresso capsules
One of the more budget-friendly options that will still guarantee a rich, bold coffee flavor is the Essenza that comes in a smaller, compact style. Of course, it has a lot less of the additional options that come with bigger styles but this is a perfect machine for someone who enjoys a simple espresso or black coffee.
- The most affordable of all Nespresso machines
- 25 second heat time
- Automatic switch-off after 9 minutes of inactivity
- Simple features allow the coffee flavors to do all the talking, each Nespresso machine comes with a set of complementary pods featuring the different available flavors that they stock.
- Less variation- espresso or lungo
- No empty water tank detection which is available with other options
- Original Nespresso capsules only- however, this could be a benefit because it might mean that there are cheaper duplicates available if you’re on a budget
- As a natural part of the compact design, the water tank is very small and needs regularly refilling, which can be a nuisance if your household all enjoys a good cup of coffee in the morning
- SIZE: Discover the newest and smallest ever single serve espresso maker from Nespresso by Breville, without compromising on exceptional coffee and espresso moments. This compact espresso machine is effortlessly portable and features a sleek design and modern smooth lines, allowing it to fit into anywhere saving valuable counterspace.
A reliable all-in-one option is the Vertuo coffee and espresso maker, which offers a modern finish and capsule storage built-in. The one-touch brewing system allows for accessibility as well as simple access.
The modern look doesn’t end there. Thanks to technology, the Vertuo automatically adjusts brewing parameters according to your drink.
- 54-ounce water tank
- Contains 17 capsule storage- more than any other Nespresso pod machine
- Customers have reported that it creates a great coffee
- 15-20 second heat time
- Not compatible with the original Nespresso pods, there is a different brand of pods that customers need to purchase, the Vertuo pods, in order to use any version of the Vertuo systems.
- Create exceptional freshly brewed Coffee or authentic Espresso at the touch of a single button; Designed for use with Nespresso capsules
In summary, it is difficult to pinpoint which of these products is “the best” overall because that definition can be broken down into the most reliable, one that has the most drink options, or even the one with the biggest water tank.
The way in which we have assessed the Nespresso machines is largely down to customer rating and compatibility. The majority of coffee machines offer an espresso option and yield a great quality of coffee.
However, one drawback of most Nespresso machines is that they require specific types of coffee pods in order to be useful. There seems to be little to no option for a cheaper off-brand pod, thus leaving little room for cost-cutting options.
A great option for those wanting to focus on cost-effective options is to invest in stainless steel refillable coffee pods that are compatible with whatever machine you decide on. This allows you to save money on pods and also create a lot less waste than if you were to use the recycling scheme.
Overall, there are benefits and drawbacks of every type of Nespresso machine. Some common complaints include that customers have experienced a worse quality product than they had anticipated, and that their machines were faulty or broke after a short period of use.
One issue with this is that quality assurance isn’t always included with the purchase of machines, which is why this issue often occurs.
Another reason is that some brands mimic others, and will imitate well-known brands in order to profit from it. This is highly irresponsible and Amazon are doing their best to ensure authenticity and excellent customer service.
Alternatives to the above products if you are still unsure about what to purchase include filter coffee machines, which haven’t been covered in this guide. The majority of modern Nespresso machines use pods that are then pierced and combined with hot water to create the perfect blend.
More reliable options of coffee come from tried and tested methods. This is why we believe that it’s important to find the best option for you that will make your routine seamless and mornings a lot easier.
Nonetheless, it must be said that Nespresso certainly has a reputation for taking care of their customers and ensuring that they feel like they are well represented.
Many Nespresso regular customers have said that they don’t want to try other brands of coffee because they feel like the customer experience that they are receiving is second to none.A Nespresso coffee machine really brings a kitchen together and provides a valuable talking point to any visitors.
If you’re wondering what would bring everything together and provide function and also a modern style, a coffee machine with a sleek drawer for spare pods could be a great addition. Not to mention, Nespresso machines seem to be the modern-day status symbol within society.
You could show off to your friends or even impress your in-laws by integrating a reliable coffee machine into your home. You can even have some fun with it, why not try using it the next time you make espresso martinis? It will definitely add a touch of class.
By now, you’re probably thinking, why should I buy a Nespresso machine? The short answer is that they are a company that cares about customer satisfaction and makes great quality coffee.
Another answer is that it can make a great gift for anyone entering the adult world, someone who has purchased their first house, or even a great wedding present. Within the gift world, Nespresso definitely has a reputation for being classy and of great quality.
This is why you should try investing in a coffee machine, if not for you, then for a loved one as a special gift. It can be a grown-up gift that is far more exciting and interesting than a throw or new cutlery.
If you use milk alternatives, you don’t need to worry about how the coffee machine will respond. Nespresso has a range of milk frothers and other related products that are suitable for any kind of milk.
If you are exploring a plant-based lifestyle or simply avoiding dairy within your diet, oat milk tends to be the alternative of choice when it comes to coffee.
The only reason for this is that it blends in the most similar way to regular cow’s milk, and is good hot, cold, or steamed. The froth that is achievable using oat milk is a perfect addition to any cappuccino or latte.
Other great alternatives include soy milk, almond, or even choosing to have your coffee black.
Coffee has never been so widely available and even more versatile. From frappuccinos to cocktails, the rich beverage is a base for hundreds of different drinks and combinations.
It’s no wonder why when considering its impressive properties on the human body, not to mention the way that it can enhance other flavors when cooking. Bacon, spice, and chocolate are all flavors that introduce something extra when added, and coffee is a very interesting ingredient indeed.
The role that coffee plays in the modern world is definitely not just one of its caffeinated properties. The rich, bold drink serves its purpose as a social lubricant that encourages people to open up and engage in deeper conversations.
Coffee also has benefits on the health, including metabolism improvements. It’s no wonder why the drink is so popular nowadays and why more people are investing in buying their own coffee machine.
Last update on 2022-05-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API